Wednesday, August 14, 2013

30 lber on the Little and Aug. update

Howdy Folks,

I hope everyone is well. I know a lot of people have been wondering how the season has gone to date. All in all it has been a great! All three rivers have enjoyed very high returns of Atlantic salmon and we have been very pleased to take advantage of that. The population demographic has been particularly pleasing with an average landed weight in camp of 18 lbs! All three rivers have enjoyed returns of large MSW salmon and very few grilse. In fact I would hazard that the total grilse numbers represent less than 10% of the totals in the 3 rivers.

The last few days we have been getting some solid rain and we are receiving a very good run of salmon. On Saturday on three rods we landed a 17 lber on the Grande, a 28 lber at Jack Louis on the Little and a 30 lber at Edgar Cyr on the Little.  I've attached a photo of Graham Davy and guide Steve Snyder with the beastly 30 lber! The fishing this past week has been excellent and with the rain we are getting as I speak I expect the next couple of weeks to be very very good. As many of you know I am somewhat reluctant to get on the wire and rave about the fishing but I'll tell you what….its been on fire and I think it will continue.

Give me a shout if you are interested in getting up here and getting into some fish!




Also I'd like to remind people that we have a 5 night/4 day Spey week withThomas and Thomas Spey expert Brian Chou planned for Sept. 22-27th. That will be an excellent time and with all the fish in the systems it should be very productive. I suspect there will be some very aggressive salmon come the end of Sept.!

Sorry if the blog is ragged looking but I'm on my way back out on the river….no rest for the wicked!


No comments:

Post a Comment